We’re still in the thick of winter here in the Seattle area with lots of gray skies and cold, rainy days. Besides a fireplace, what better way to give your home all the cozy vibes than snuggling under a blanket and lighting a candle? The KPD team has rounded up their best winter candles, and a few they’re eyeing to get us through this time of year when the holidays are over and it feels like there’s no end in sight to the cold!
From top left: Feu de Bois by Diptyque // White Maple Bourbon by Lapco New York // Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone // Moss and Lichen by Linnea’s Lights // Santal 26 by Le Labo // Aspen by Jenni Kayne // Milk Diffuser by K. Hall // By the Fireplace by Replica // Forest + Fir by McGee and Co. //
Best Winter Candles – Our Picks
- Feu de Bois by Diptyque – If you don’t have a fireplace at home, this is the next best thing. With a smoky, woody, slightly masculine but not overpowering scent, this is perfect for lighting on a gloomy, rainy day.
- White Maple Bourbon by Lapco New York – This candle is made from soy wax, a 100% cotton wick, and has no toxic chemicals like many candles on the market do. With top notes of pistachio and maple, middle notes of aged bourbon and caramel, and bottom notes of Palo Santo and vanilla bean, this candle sounds as delicious as it smells. It’s currently sold out in all sizes on their website, but you’ll want to bookmark this and come back later as their candles are truly worth it.
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone – With their beautiful, classic packaging and luxurious scents, Jo Malone candles make a great gift. This scent is both fresh and earthy like the seaside and adds a subtle fragrance to the room.
- Moss and Lichen by Linnea’s Lights – Combining scents of fir needles, cedar leaves and sandalwood, this candle by woman-owned Linnea’s Lights is divine and also paraben-free and phthalate-free.
- Santal 26 by Le Labo – With notes of amber, coco, vanilla, cedar, spices, musk, and sandalwood this candle is a slightly sweeter version of the cult-favorite Santal 33 fragrance.
- Aspen by Jenni Kayne – This one is on our need-to-try list. Reviewers described it as having a “fresh, crispy pine smell” and “perfect year-round”. We also love that it comes in a pretty, neutral ceramic container that will look great anywhere.
- Milk Candle Pot + Diffuser by K. Hall – This is founder Krissy’s go-to scent for the home. It’s a blend of vanilla, cream, and coconut and is a light and subtle fragrance that works any time of year.
- By the Fireplace by Replica – Described by the maker as “memory in a candle”, this smells of a burning fireplace and chestnuts, evoking a warm cozy atmosphere in your home.
- Forest + Fir by McGee and Co. // – Smelling of “fresh, forest air” and Fraser fir pine, this candle is made of soy wax, a combo of essential oils, and is phthalate and paraben-free and sounds like a wintery dream!